klw

MG34 & m34

3 posts in this topic

The semiautomatic MG34's are, apparently made by both TNW and Wise Lite Arms.

The M53 is only made, I think, by Wise Lite Arms.

Of these three is there any reason to buy one over the other two?

34 is a nicer gun and generally run better. The many semi 42’s I have messed with over the years have been turds.

I helped several folks in AZ that had bought the wiselite 42's and they were having trouble. mainly get the BPLT / Carrier out or back in the gun and a couple with running issue's. the shipping back and forth was close to $400 so I got the referral. ALL were very easy to fix and get running. due to the closed bolt operation, they are very hard to get started even on a tripod and first round misfires can be a problem because of bolt ? charge handle drag . due to that many become frustrated. the 53 guns have very poor "curb appeal"  and the new parked finish is NO HELP.           the TNW MG 34's look GREAT but are even worse and out of close to 15 , have only seen one that would run and it was in 7.62.  after 3 operator caused out of battery explosions, we banned them (34's) from our shoots to maintain line safety. One was catastrophic and major injury occurred. both models can be dangerous in that respect, but the length of the 34 from the feed tray to the chamber is much worse . the problem occurs when the operator has a misfire/ feed. if the feed tray is not raised and the chamber examined EVERY time,  a live round can hide, when a second attempt is made, the new projectile from the new round will fire the FIRST unchambered round. THE 34 can fail to close completely and fire 80% of the time and new owners do get frustrated which also adds to the danger.  Unless you plan to get almost ALL of your enjoyment by looking and touching, I would suggest you stay away from BOTH in semi auto. get a Browning in either model and SHOOT THE TAR OUT OF IT WITH NO FEAR !! LETS FACE IT VERY FEW ORIGINAL 34's run 100% with the ammo available today. I love mine and until the middle 70's used WWII German brass cased ammo and they ran like fine watch. when the primers started failing, it was over. I have quite a bit Canadian WWII BRASS and the 69 to 74 Portuguese that can run 90/95% but its not replaceable. I also shoot 7.62 in the 34 with good luck. NOTHING looks better than an ORIGINAL choice 34 for me, but I know they are not going to be 100% when I take them out. I have  an absolutely NEW , C+R 34 tanker and a real clean ground gun with more than 1klbs of early spares and kits for backup in 8mm and 7.62 most likely it ALL will be in my next 4 sale post so look for it. HOPE I HELPED you with the decision !  CHEERS MIKE

I only accept postal money orders. contact me DIRECTLY before sending any funds                                           email  myoldiron@outlook.com