WTB 1928A1 Thompson receiver

Pappy1600

• 1 month later...

PAPPY, IF you will talk to JEFF at  AZARMORY.COMM, he may be able to get what you need done. he finished one recently that looks and runs fantastic. he is a SOT in PHOENIX. you might mention I suggested the contact.  CHEERS ! mike todd

• Like 1

PAPPY , no worries . I have not kept up with whats available out there but at one time you could buy a 80% receiver complete with all correct markings from a company back east that did most U.S mil like the BAR etc. I cant recall the name but if it pops up I will send it to you. also DOUG RICHARDSON in CA made all variations with your choice of markings  . both company's made them out of the same steel the orig guns were and lots were made live as a result. I believe JEFF used an example from the first company. best way to reach Jeff is to send him an email. his phone is VERY busy and he is often out of service area. I can assure you will be happy with any work he may do. cheers mike

PAPPY the 80% receiver is manufactured by Philadelphia Ordnance and they are still making them so that would be the best route.  I talked to Jeff today and he said if the rec is avail he could help you and plans to send you a note.

• 3 weeks later...