czech zb30 to zb26 barrel mod.?

mgherb

hello, would like to know if a zb30 barrel can be modified to a zb26 barrel, if so, any recommendations as to who can do it. also if anyone wants to trade a zb26 barrel for a zb30 barrel, also if any zb26 barrels are for sale. thanks for any replies, don 

• 4 months later...

It took me a year to find a ZB26 barrel for sale.  A lot of 30's were out there.  I was told that it is possible to machine a 30 barrel to fit a 26, but I don't know what it takes.  I placed a WTB message on different forums until someone had an extra that they were willing to part with.  I am getting ready to file a form 1 to activate my ZB26 dewat.  

Browning1917a1

To use a ZB30 barrel in a ZB26 you will need an extra barrel lock so you can modify it. The lock will have to have some material removed from the rear side and shims added to the front to get the barrel to bead space. The barrel should will also have to be set back a bit. The head space is very close but the gun will not fire a round.