AFTER Creating a GUN TRUST-cna you add NFA arms w/o Fingerprint cards?

daninnm

The only shortcut is not having to submit the trust documents if the transfer is within, if I recall, 2 years.   Course with transfers taking between 8 and 20+ months it's risky not to include it with every packet sent in or the period may lapse between your transfer approvals.......and of course they lose stuff.   You only need one set (pair)  of fingerprint cards if you send in several transfers in one packet generally speaking (this would be per trustee of course).    Each responsible person form is specific to one firearm listed on it, so you'll have to do that for each firearm.   Trust and entity transfers have become a rather large paperwork burden these days.   HTH

I recently read that someone submitted multiple F4 applications with only one pair of fingerprint cards.  At least one of the F4 applications was returned, saying "no fingerprint cards were received"  It seems that ATF is sometimes separates the applications.  Now, for any mailing with multiple F1 or F4 applications, I send a pair of cards, separate checks, a copy of my trust and all other application materials with each and every item submitted. A real PITA, but I want to minimize any reason for delay. 

• 2 weeks later...

I just filed a Form 4 last week and had to do fingerprints regardless of whether or not I used my trust. The fact that they needed my wife to come down and do fingerprints and the time being shorter to transfer as an individual made me not use my trust. I also plan to sell any MG's before my 2 young sons go to college, another reason I didn't use my trust.